Tips before buying
A few purchases of an oriental carpet can create that cosy feeling in your home at a reasonable price. At the same time, the carpets origin whether it's a workshop, village or nomad carpet, provides a feeling and mood from a society totally unlike the Western one.
The purchase of a carpet should be considered thoroughly; whether the carpet is to be used under a table or freely in an elegant living room. The surroundings of the carpet; which demands the carpet has on the furniture, wallpaper and curtains. Which is the suitable size of the carpet and how much will it cost?
Keep in mind:
• A carpet below a dining table must of course withstand the wearing from table and chairs. Pile and pattern must resist a certain amount of spillage from dinners and accidents. The size should be large enough, so that the chairs, when being used, does not wear out on the edge of the carpet.
• A carpet with a centrally placed medallion locks the furniture to a symmetrical placing, while a carpet without a medallion gives more freedom and choices.
• A carpet which is exposed to a lot of wearing should be thick and heavy so it stays in place.
• A lonely placed carpet, seldom stepped on can with advantage have a pattern and a design that draws attention - a piece of jewellery.
• A beautiful floor brings out the carpet. That is one of the reasons why a carpet should not cover the entire floor.
• A too small carpet in a large room can give a "poor" impression.
Take your time when choosing a carpet and try to imagine how it will look when it is in place. A picture of the room where the carpet is to be placed can be of great help when searching for a carpet with the right colours and to match your floor and the remaining furnishing.
To keep in mind when you have received your carpet:
When placing the carpet on the floor it is best if you place it with the direction of the pile away from the light source/window. If you do this the colours look better - there is often a great difference on the colours of the carpet if you place it in the opposite direction. Try it yourself if you have a handmade carpet at home! You can also see examples of the differences below.
Why is it that a handmade oriental carpet can have a price of 215 Euro while another similar carpet costs 2150 Euro or more?
Read more ➤
Although the main reason for acquiring a handmade carpet is for use, it can also be considered as a worthwhile investment.
Read more ➤